Here is your step by step guide. Remember, you must pick one painting and make a full description for next week.
- CLOUR AND PATTERN: It is colourful / monocrome // It was painted in dark colours / in black and white, In pastel colours / in bright colours / Stripes, dots, lines…
- DISTRIBUTON AND PERSPECTIVE: In the foreground/ background there is/are // On the left/right top/bottom corner/side there is/there are
- THE STYLE: It is modern/ old fashioned /Traditional/ classic
- THE FAME: It is well-known / Famous / Unknown / Grand/modest
- THE CONTENT / INSPIRATION: It represents the Royal Family / It shows some people /It is a portrait / It is a landscape / It shows…
- HOW DOES IT MAKE YOU FEEL: It makes me feel relaxed, stressed, scared, happy // It gives a calming, exciting, scary sensation
- YOUR OBJECTIVE OPINION: I think it was very difficult/easy to paint. // It shows that the artist was very skillful/ not very good… // For me/ To my taste, it is a good/bad picture.
The homework : CHOOSE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING PAINTINGS: Copy the image in a word document and write a full description following all the steps.
These are the proposed paintings:
Publicado en SCIENCE
Here we go!
Here is a list of Present Simple/ Present Continuous exercises to review for the next quiz!
A song can bring us together, TOGETHER WE ARE STRONG!
This is a special song we are going to sing in our assembly on the 10th December and many times in future.
Have a look at the video and check out the Stronger Together lyrics. You might start by learning the chorus, the bits highlighted in blue. Let’s sing together!!!
This is your final project of this long and interesting Unit.
These are the rules:
- You can design a castle, church, service building (bridge, etc) using card, paper, cardboard, recycled materials, old toys (lego…), or simply drawing it from diferent angles, designing it using TIC or even Mindcraft.
- You can do it in pairs or groups of 2 or 3 people, but keep in mind that it is a homework out of school activity, so you may need to meet up.
- You will be assessed on how close to Medieval characteristics your castle is (type of construction, size of wint¡dows…) Also,for those who choose to draw it instead of making a model or computer design, you must show good effort and time invested, comparable to more time consuming projects.
Take a look at these links and get some inspiration:
Paper caslte videos:
Let’s start with a good summary:
Would you like to know how a medieval page boy lived? Look at this fun cartoon:
And what about Middle Ages explained by a student your age:
Publicado en SCIENCE
Etiquetado Middle Ages
We have learned loads of things about the life in Ancient Greece and in the city states of Sparta and Athens. You can carry on learning at home, just click in this website.
But don’t stop there. How about the Roman Empire, our next stop in the journey through ancient history. Check it out!
1. Describe and draw the place where the stream is located.
2.Make a list with the new words you find in the story and write what they mean. You can guess, check them up on a dictionary or on google translate.
3. Make up 5 sentences using as many of your new words as you can.
4. Which 3 words would you like to catch in the stream if you were Alec? Why do you like them?
5. Make up 3 ideas you could find in the stream clouds and write them inside a cloud.
6. Now read your work looking for spelling and grammar mistakes, checking if whtat you have written is easy to understand and that is well presented and neat.
Good effort, well done!!!
La sortida del passat dimecres dia 29, al museu d´Història de Catalunya, va resultar tot un èxit.
Els nens van fer un recorregut per tota la història, i de manera dinàmica i constructiva, van aprofundir en els mitjans i eines més importants que s´utilitzaven a cada etapa.
Va ser una activitat molt participativa i enriquidora pels nens. Una experiència molt positiva.
Felicitats a tots!!
Let’s find out about….MUMMIES!!!
All about mummies
Let’s make one…
step by step!